Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pay it Forward for Brandon

Pay it Forward was not only a wonderful movie, it has become a life lesson for many. I had never actually heard the expression, before the movie in 2000. It was based on a novel of the same name by Catherine Ryan Heide. In recent years, it has also been noted that it was a philosophy of Woody Hayes, long-time football coach of Ohio State University.

But what does it mean to you? What does it mean to me? To me, it means doing something for someone who just needs a hand up, or someone who finds themselves in a difficult situation. It is with that in mind....



I have a friend that is an author. His name is Brandon Hale. He has a wicked sense of humor and is the author of multiple books, most noted being the Day Soldiers series. As is the case in life, not everything is fair. Not everything is just. We have to roll with the punches. Well, Brandon has received a heavy blow, recently being diagnosed with cancer. With the passing of my brother, it is something I can contribute to for a better outcome for another.

Twenty-eight authors have banded together to launch this anthology to benefit Brandon. He writes in the horror genre about vampires and werewolves. Each of us have lent our talents for this benefit to our fellow author and friend. For many of us, writing this type of story is a little bit out of our comfort zone, but I think you will find our efforts are well worth the read, twenty-eight short stories about vampires and werewolves.

The Bitten will be released within a few weeks as we are ironing out the final details. I will pass along a definite date once it is nailed down. All proceeds from the sale of this book are for our friend, that he is able to walk into the night, and fight vampires once again.

I hope you will pick up a copy. It will be available through Amazon.

2 comments:

  1. Have I told you recently that I love you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goes for me too! Let me know when this comes out.

    ReplyDelete